The Forum

I am Trouble with Setting Up ADC on a New Board

The ADC Pi is an Analogue to Digital converter for the Raspberry Pi

28/08/2024

Posted by:
chitramishra

chitramishra Avatar

Hey guys........

I recently bought one of your ADC boards and I am having some trouble getting it set up correctly. I followed the instructions in the manual, but I’m not seeing any readings from the ADC when I test it with a simple input.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

Connected the board according to the schematic provided.
Verified that the power supply is stable and within the recommended voltage range.
Checked all connections to ensure they are secure.

Despite these steps, I’m still not getting any output. Could someone help me troubleshoot this issue? Are there any common mistakes I might be making or additional tests I should perform? I also check this: https://www.abelectronics.co.uk/forums/thread/90/adc-pi-stopped-working-ioerror But I have not found any solution.

Thanks in advance!

28/08/2024

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

Hi

If you run "sudo i2cdetect -y 1" do you see the two ADCs on addresses 0x68 and 0x69?

If the ADCs are not showing up try going through the steps in our i2c tutorial to make sure I2C is enabled and working. You could also check the solder joints on the GPIO header to ensure there are no dry joints or bridges between the pins.

If the ADCs do appear in i2cdetect that means that the ADCs are working and the problem is somwhere else in the circuit.

Are you using our Python library or one of the other programming languages to communicate with the ADC Pi?

Try connecting your input to each of the 8 ADC channels in turn, that will tell you if the problem is with one of the ADC chips. Channels 1 to 4 are on the ADC on I2C channel 0x68 and channels 5 to 8 are on address 0x69.

You could also try measuring the input pad and ground pad on the ADC Pi with a multimeter to check if the voltage from your input is getting to the ADC Pi.

29/08/2024

Posted by:
chitramishra

chitramishra Avatar

Thanks for the solution.

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.

Home

Shop

Learn

Forum

FAQ

Contact

0 item

Your cart is empty

Please browse our shop to order from the wide range of Raspberry Pi boards and accessories.

Subtotal:£0.00
View Basket Continue to Checkout