Support Forum

Share your projects and post your questions

Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

How to get accurate readings from the ADS1115 ADC with the Raspberry Pi?

The ADC-DAC Pi Zero is a 2 Channel ADC and 2 Channel DAC for the Raspberry Pi

29/08/2024

Posted by:
chitramishra

chitramishra Avatar

Hello guys....

I am facing some trouble getting accurate readings from my ADS1115 ADC when using it with my Raspberry Pi. I have set up the ADS1115 using the I2C interface following the guide from the official documentation and wiring it according to the recommended connections. My setup includes a Raspberry Pi 4 running Raspberry Pi OS. I have installed the required libraries and have verified that the ADS1115 is being recognized correctly on the I2C bus.

Here’s the issue: When I attempt to read values from the ADC, the results seem inconsistent. For instance, I’m trying to measure a stable 5V signal, but the readings fluctuate and don’t seem to align with the expected values. I’ve checked the connections multiple times and tried different sample rates, but the problem persists.
I also check this: But I have not found any solution. Could anyone guide me about this?

I’ve also tried using different libraries and sample code from various sources, but I’m still facing the same issue. It’s unclear whether the problem lies with the hardware setup, the code, or possibly a calibration issue.

Could anyone provide some advice on troubleshooting this problem? Specifically, I’m looking for suggestions on:

How to ensure proper calibration of the ADS1115.
Best practices for stable readings with this ADC.
Common pitfalls or issues with the ADS1115 and Raspberry Pi setup.

Thanks in advance!

29/08/2024

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

Check the stability of the power supply powering the ADS1115. Noise in the power supply can affect the accuracy of the ADC readings.

To check the calibration of the ADS1115 you will nee to use a calibrated voltage standard as a reference to measure against.

Make sure the gain and data rate are set correctly for the voltage you want to measure. If the gain is set to high the voltage may peak above the maximum value and if it is too low it will decrease the accuracy of the measurements.

18 days ago

Posted by:
JaneJLocane

JaneJLocane Avatar

Thanks a lot!

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.

Home

Shop

Learn

Forum

FAQ

Contact

0 item

Your cart is empty

Please browse our shop to order from the wide range of Raspberry Pi boards and accessories.

Subtotal:£0.00
View Basket Continue to Checkout